Multipotentialites and Work
One of the biggest challenges for the modern multipotentialite is finding and sustaining fulfilling work. Variety and exploration are essential for multipods and we need to design careers and lives that account for this. But it can be difficult to find work that allows you to do many things while also meeting your financial goals. It often requires that you think outside the box and take a more customized approach to your career.
Figuring out how to sustainably combine and/or shift between different subjects takes time and experimentation. This process is different for each of us, but that doesn’t mean we have to go it alone.
To help you get started, here are some of our most popular articles about finding fulfilling work as a multipotentialite:
- How To Make Money as a Multipotentialite
- How to Break into a New Field… When You Don’t Have the “Years of Experience”
- Don’t let anyone shame you for having a day job.
- The Multipotentialite Resume
- Multipotentialite Money Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them)!
- 10 Awesome Careers That Will Keep You Learning Forever
- Does Having Three Jobs Make Me a Multipotentialite? (hint: Maybe Not)
- 3 Questions to Ask When You Don’t Know What to Do with Your Life
- How to Explore a Curiosity Before Going All In
- Why You Shouldn’t Finish What You Start
And here’s our whole archive of work-related articles, going back to 2010.
Need more support?
A good place to start is Emilie Wapnick’s book, How to Be Everything. It’s a comprehensive guide to the multipotentialite life and includes several chapters about how happy and successful multipotentialites make a living.
And if you’d like to brainstorm your career and work ideas with other multipotentialites who are super friendly and will never ever pressure you to specialize, you’ll definitely want to check out our Puttyverse community.