We have all sorts of discussions in our Puttytribe community from what to do with all your belongings from old hobbies to how to launch a podcast.
But one of the most entertaining discussions we’ve been having recently is called You Know You’re A Multipotentialite When…
Here are the responses – enjoy!
- You read the “interests” section of your Puttytribe profile and realize it’s completely out of date, even though you only updated it a few months ago.
- When scanning new puttypeeps’ “interests” sections, you find at least one new interest you want to pursue.
- You notice that you have at least five different styles of handwriting and numerous signatures which you choose from according to the “hat” you are wearing – the cursive artist, the big bubbly-worded socialite, the serious tiny print when you mean business, etc. – and you realize that most people only have one style of handwriting.
- You’ve got so many tasks/things to accomplish and so little time.
- You check out the “groups” section of the Puttytribe and have a meltdown when you realise that you want to join 95% of the groups. Where will you find the time for that? Will you ever get out of there? (The mental-tape kicks – “narrow my interests, narrow my interests.”)
- You dip into an old hobby and five minutes later you’ve planned out a whole business/career based on it.
- Most of your friends only know one tiny part of all the things you do/are interested in.
- You’re just barely getting started with a new career and, while you still enjoy it (and know you still have a lot to learn), you’re also planning out your second and third career in advanced.
- Every time you go to concert, art gallery, etc., you say to yourself “I want to be able to do that!” and start strategizing ways to learn.
- You get pangs of regret when seeing something you used to do and think “I could be doing that at that level now had I just stayed with it!”. And then realizing that you’re a lot more useful in the grand scheme of things because you know so much!
- Somebody asks you “so how’s that knitting going?” and you realise you got bored of that weeks ago, have moved onto calligraphy now and no one has a clue.
- Someone comments on how you always seem to have a business idea for everything under the sun.
- You see a thread like this and instantly think “we could sell prints of things like this!”
- You check this discussion looking for an update more often than you’d like to admit.
- You never got a tattoo because you’re unable to settle on a single meaningful image to be stuck with for life.
- Your friends give you weird looks when they check out your holiday reading. They have the latest blockbusters and you have one of the latest biz-think books, Italian grammar exercises, a WordPress guide, and your camera instructions printed off – and you take them all down to the poolside.
- You’re in the middle of at least twenty different books and discover a new one that you simply *must* dig into.
- You get so excited by a new musical instrument that you’ve just discovered and absolutely must own it now, so that you can learn how to play it even though you still haven’t totally learned how to play the last ones you got.
- You write about your weirdest mash up of interests which are no longer your main interests.
- You are laughing so hard while reading this thread.
- You try to sign up for that art class you really want to take, but the schedule clashes with your salsa lessons, your fencing classes, and your day job!
- Before going to a cocktail party, you try to decide which answer to use when someone asks “what do you do?”
- You have a hard time packing for your vacation because there’s not enough space for your hiking boots, your dance shoes, your drawing materials, and your climbing gear.
Thanks to all of the amazing puttypeeps who contributed these hilarious answers.
Doing/being/exploring ALL THE THINGS is easier with a community!
Did you know we have a private community of hundreds of multipotentialites from around the world? We support each other, share advice and cheer each other on as we building lives and careers around ALL our passions.
Learn more about the Puttyverse and get notified next time we open the doors:
Check out the sequel to this post, You Know You’re a Multipotentialite When… (Part 2)