Welcome! Here are some common questions for the first time Puttylike visitor:
1. What is a Multipotentialite? Am I one?
Check out the Terminology page.
2. Who’s the Multipotentialite Behind Puttylike?
That would be Emilie Wapnick, and if you’d like to learn more about her, you’re going to want to swing by the About page.
3. What Should I Read First?
Glad you asked. Behold a list of popular and influential Puttylike posts. This list is intended for those of you who have arrived here spontaneously and want to start by reading the essentials instead of sifting through the archives.
These articles should give you a good sense of the Puttylike philosophy and what our community is all about.
On Multipotentiality and the Puttylike Philosophy:
- Why Some of Us Don’t Have One True Calling (and Why We’re Better Off that Way)
- The 7 Multipotentialite Super Powers
- Does the Idea of Having One Job Forever Make You Want to Hang Yourself?
- How to Deal with the Jerks and Naysayers Who Think You’re Just “Indecisive”
- Did You Have Sporadic Obsessions Growing Up?
- Are Multipotentialites the Innovators of the Future?
- The Biggest Lie You’ve Ever been Told
- Your Parents and Your Multipotentiality
- Have You Made this Common Multipotentialite Mistake?
- How Do I Know if I’m a True Multipotentialite?
- “What do you do?” How to Introduce Yourself when you’re a Multipotentialite
- Labels: When to Use them, When to Shed them and the Paradox of Identifying as a “Multipotentialite”
- 4 Skills that will Dramatically Increase Your Chance of Thriving as a Multipotentialite
- Conformity Begins on the Playground
- A Disturbing Trend in the Blogosphere…
- Failure Celebration Week Begins! #failweek
- Why You Must Embody Your Goals Long Before Achieving Them (or How I Picked My Winter Hat)
- Being Queer in the Blogosphere
- The Multipotentialite’s Guide to Hacking Your Sleep
- The Eternal Battle between Art and Marketing (and Why the two Needn’t be at War)
- Starving Artist, Meet Web 2.0
Work, Business and Self-Employment:
- How To Make Money as a Multipotentialite
- Can’t Settle on a Niche for Your Business? Not a Problem
- The Reason Nobody’s Hiring You (and What To Do About It)
- It’s Cool to Be a Geek! How Rami Smooshed Together his Interests in Video Games and Dating
- Renaissance Business Case Study: the Web Designer, Filmmaker, Entrepreneur, Activist
- Why Some Websites Are Addictive and Others Feel Lame (aka the Secret Behind a Killer Brand)
- How to Be a Renegade in the Job Market and Land Any Gig You Want
- How to Choose Which Activities to Focus On in Your Renaissance Business
- Does Having a Diverse Background Make You More “Specialized” Than Even… A Specialist?!
Focus, Productivity and Switching between Your Interests:
- A Super Ninja Secret for “Finding the Time” and Inducing a Flow State
- How to be a Multi-Focus Maverick
- How to Decide Which Projects to Focus On
- How To Skirt Resistance and Become a “Productive Procrastinator”
- How to Stay Inspired When You’re Slogging Through It Day After Day
- Why You Shouldn’t Finish What You Start
- How to Deal with Multipotentialite Burnout
- The Gratitude Jog (or Using Ritual to Kick Yourself into Gear)
- What to do when a New, Shiny Idea Pops Up and Distracts You?
- Why You Should Track Your Small Wins
Fear, Self-Doubt, and Building Confidence:
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing with Friends and Family Members who Disapprove of Your Multipotentiality
- Are You Scared that You May Never Fulfill Your True Potential?
- My Very First Interview on Live Radio! (or How to Boost Your Confidence before a Nerve-Wracking Event)
- Why You “Lose” Your Personality when You’re Feeling Insecure (and How to Get it Back)
- Building Your Confidence from Scratch (a Personal Confession)
- How to Break Through Small Talk and Turn Strangers into Friends
- What the Sh** Was I Thinking?!
- Criticism Stings, and that’s Okay
- Who the Fuck am I?
- The Selfish Artist
- The Discomfort of becoming a “Public Person”
And of course, don’t forget to check out the free manifesto:
– See more at: http://puttylike.com/what-do-you-do-how-to-introduce-yourself-when-youre-a-multipotentialite/#sthash.Vwh83s9t.dpuf