Are you interested in writing for Puttylike? Do you have an idea for a story or article that will help, encourage, or inspire multipotentialites?
What we publish
We publish content about life for multipotentialites, especially around these topics:
- work and money
- goals and productivity
- mental health and confidence
- community and support
Our regular content includes:
- Actionable, tips-based pieces.
- Engaging personal stories that can offer insights to other multipotentialites.
- Features about multipotentialites of interest and their projects, especially inspiring interdisciplinary work.
We are especially interested in:
- Writing that showcases your own skills, knowledge, and experience from your various fields of interest (you’re here on Puttylike—we know you’re not just a writer!).
- Unique, creative work; please review past articles on Puttylike about your topic to make your take distinctive.
- Content that includes photos or other visual elements.
- Work from writers of marginalized backgrounds and identities, especially black, indigenous and people of color.
We want to hear your ideas!
In your pitch, please include the title of your piece and a basic summary, introductory paragraph, and/or outline. Please also include a bit about yourself and your interest in the topic.
If possible, also include 1-2 samples of your previous writing (as links or attachments). If you’ve never written before, no problem—we’ll consider your pitch as your writing sample.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Your finished article should generally be between 1000 words and 1500 words. If you are pitching a much longer or shorter piece, a photo essay, or any otherwise unusual format, please include a word count estimate in your pitch.
- Original content only please.
- We use a fun, conversational tone on Puttylike; we’re not looking for anything academic or overly formal.
- Nothing too self-promotional in the submitted content.
If we are interested in your pitch, we’ll ask you to write a draft. If your draft is accepted, we’ll offer you editorial expertise to help you polish the draft for Puttylike.
With publication of your piece, we’ll include a headshot and bio for you. Your bio can include links to your website, social media, or wherever you’d like readers to find you.
Please send your pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Pitch” in the subject line.