Emilie here, coming to you from rainy Portland, Oregon. I have some news!
Starting today, enrollment for our new Multi-Passionate Branding class is open. This is a live class that I’m teaching with Michelle Nicholaisen starting in mid-February. I’m really excited about it.
Branding is a HUGE topic, and one that is especially challenging for multipotentialites who want to convey, rather than limit, the breadth of who they are and what they do.
Here are some of the issues we’re going to cover in the class:
- Whether you should combine your interests in one business or keep them separate, and how to proceed based on that choice.
- How to implement non-yucky branding that is an authentic expression of your plural nature.
- How to communicate your Why or overarching theme clearly so your right audience instantly feels like they’re “home” when they find you.
- How to tell your story and tie your various threads together.
- How to come up with an awesome business name and tagline.
- How to express the essence of your business through visual design.
- How to build trust and authority when you have multiple, unrelated offerings.
We’ll be coming at this subject from the premiss that branding should not be too loud or buzzy. Branding isn’t about making your business “look cool.” It’s about authentic communication.
It involves taking that essence of what you’re about (call it an overarching theme or your Why) and expressing that to your right audience through text and design. If done right, your audience is left feeling heard and as though they’ve found their people.
The 4-week course begins on February 12. All of the classes will be recorded, so you can still get involved even if you can’t make it to the live classes.
I really can’t wait to tackle this topic with you.
See you in class!
Emilie Wapnick is the Founder and Creative Director at Puttylike, where she helps multipotentialites integrate ALL of their interests into their lives. Unable to settle on one path herself, Emilie studied music, art, film production and law, graduating from the Law Faculty at McGill University. She is an occasional rock star, a paleo-friendly eater and a wannabe
scientist carpenter. Learn more about Emilie here.